09 October 2011

A leap of faith

In my four plus decades of being on this earth, I have learned through trial and error to listen to my gut. It took me a long time to trust my instincts, but every time I have, its turned out really well. (Knock wood!) In June of 2009, during the height of the recession, I took a leap of faith and started my own interior design company, J. Wells Interior Design, Inc. It was one of the smartest decisions I've ever made. Little by little the company has grown, and even after being in the business for over twenty years, I love my job now more than ever.
You know that gut thing I mentioned earlier? Its been bugging me to write a design blog for a while now.  I have no idea why, I just know that for some reason, I should. So here I am, writing my first post, not knowing if anyone other than myself and a friend or two will ever read this thing. If nothing else, it can be a personal journal that I can go back to and read after I've become an uber- famous-internationally-known-designer-to-the-stars. (I'm totally joking!!)
My goal with this is to share some wonderful things with you. Places to see and things to do in South Florida, some of my work in progress, new design trends and anything else that inspires me to live my best life. Hopefully, you'll be inspired, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment